Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Aug 2015 09:18:01 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Still learning, tips from others are very helpful

Hi Edward,

Sorry I’m not good with pictures but I’ll try to describe what was done on the table.

On the small table the mounding bracket is attached to the bottom of the table with four bolds going in to reset nuts of some kind. With a little difficulty I removed the four bolds. I had to pull up on the bracket to get the nuts to stop spinning in the table. I then placed the bracket in the table arm and positioned the small table so that it was close to the sink rather then centered in the opening between sink and closet. You could mark the position with a pencil. I just noted that it was about 1 inch from the edge of the table.

I flipped the table over and then simply screwed the bracket down using appropriate wood screws. Others may have a better solution for mounting but this seems secure for the moment.

I then installed and sure enough I have a table that now allows for all doors to open and still holds a lot of odds and ends. It still swings out as normal for use in front of the seat.

I kept the bolts and can always re mount as normal if needed.

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto Westfalia