Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Aug 2015 00:01:44 -0400
From:         Tony Collins <tonycollin@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Needed one steel wheel and some advice.

Hello list,

Some of you may remember me asking questions about registration and inspections in Pennsylvania. As part of this process, I have uncovered a need for tires (no not a tire thread!!!). I will be buying good tires from list vendor.

A rim with a bit of a bend has also been unveiled along with a passenger side upper control bushings that have seen better days and a possible bad upper ball joint.

I like to replace the bad rim. Both front tires have wear indicative of negative camber. The inner sides are pretty worn down. The drivers side tire always had to be refilled. If someone has one kicking around the Philly-north Delaware area could you pm me about it?

Now to the advice needed. Given that the passenger side UCB's need to be replaced would it not make sense to do the drivers side to, along with the ball joints to? Now, should I be thinking that radius arm bushing along with lower arm bushing also need to get a replacement?

A little job is turning into a bigger one. I have new shocks to that I haven't replaced. Should this be the time for them to get in there??

I don't want to shell out money on tires and the UCB's r/r to then find out that something else is causing the inner wear of the front tires. I can only guess that an alignment will be useless if some other components are off.

What would you do if faced with this and why?

Keep in mind not having the money to buy Chris T3 state of the are powerflex bushings.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks, T

Sent from my iPod