Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Aug 2015 12:37:46 -0400
From:         Chris Szpejankowski <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: From flickering oil light to valves clacking
Comments: To: Tyler Hardison <tyler@SERAPH-NET.NET>

Check oil level. Do not flush. Put thickest engine oil in there you can, maybe some oil additive. BMW dealerships carry 10W60 synthetic oil for the M3 if you need thicker than 20W50 at high temps.

I used to have an issue with lifters bleeding down on the highway for a long time in one of my 1.9 Westies. It clattered like mad until I slowed down to below 60 and lifters pumped up. It could have been related to oil temp shooting up during highway driving and/or worn lifters. I replaced the oil pump with a high volume model. This had limited effect. I thought about replacing just the lifters, but that would not have been cost or labor effective. I replaced that engine with a good used 2.1 engine. That fixed it.

Chris.

Wysłane z iPhone'a