Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Aug 2015 21:15:35 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Lubrication tips one at a time.

Hi Scott and others,

great Scott!

So, I lubed all the things Scott mentioned rear hatch, Emergency Brake, but wear is this plastic cap on the sliding Door? I need better directions for that piece. Unless this is just the parts on the back edge of the door where the flexible bar on the back of the door connects to the track on the side of the van. I don’t have a plastic cover there. but I lubed the spring and other parts there.

Scott, pick one thing at a time and go for it, I’ll try to keep up!

I’m not sure I have all the correct lubricants.

I have white lithium grease,WD40, silicone lubricant, dielectric grease,and some special stuff for locks.

and here is a tip back at you. I put the dielectric grease on the plug under the outside electric utility door. now the extension cord slides off and on much easier. It used to be so stiff i was afraid I might damage the utility door pulling so hard to get it off and on.

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto Westfalia