Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:32:22 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Friday post: Why are new vehicles connected to the Net?
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

---- Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > I surmise the main reason is to sell us all the new stuff, but can > someone tell me what your car or truck being connected to the internet is > actually good for in a vehicle?

Don, your post is ok, it's Friday.

What you have noticed is the tendency of auto makers to come up with things that we "need" (that is, they can make money on) and to promote them. Nothing new. What WILL happen is that they will decide that if we ALL had those things on our cars, they would make even more money. Remember when things like air conditioning, leather interior (or faux leather) and so on were options? I even remember when a heater was an option. Then the makers discovered that they would benefit two ways if they installed these former options on all new vehicles. First, they would sell more of these attachments. Second, they would not have to have as many different factory set ups.

There is nothing new under the sun. mcneely David McNeely