Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2015, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Aug 2015 20:49:01 -0400
From:         Spencer Allen <spencervw@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: found - some of the missing vanagon
Comments: To: wuwe423@YAHOO.COM

They all must have been in Maine the past two weeks I've been on the road in my 85 Westy. Went from Chicago to Douthat SP in Virginia to Williamsburg VA to the car race at VIR raceway on the N Carolina border through Tenn to western KY and back to Chicago and never saw ONE bus of any type-except a square light in a repair shop lot. Must be getting near hibernation time for these old buses. Spencer 85 Westy 02 Eurovan mvwk

-----Original Message----- From: Dake Collins <wuwe423@YAHOO.COM> To: vanagon <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Mon, Aug 24, 2015 7:04 pm Subject: found - some of the missing vanagon

Many of us, myself included have posted comments lately re: the shortage of vanagon sightings while on the road. I’m just completing a three week tour of coastal Maine from Rockland to the Canadian border and back. I saw very few busses or vans until last Thursday when I hit the jackpot! About the only time I pay for a campground site is for a Westy/Vanagon gathering; I made an exception la Thursday night and stayed at Lemoine State Park in Lemoine, Maine. I’d just set up for the night when a delightful woman stoped by to say hello and let me know that she was also traveling in a VW. Almost immediately she asked why we, North Americans, always refer to our vans as Westfalias when they are made by VW and Westfalia only builds the interiors. Turns out she is German and had her ’92 shipped over here from Germany for a three month wander about the U.S. and a bit of western Canada. She informed me that I was the fourth VW bus/van she’d seen in the park. The next day I counted two more bringing the total to six! The most VW busses/vans I’ve ever seen in one day other than at Busses By The Buoy, Bus Fusion or some similar event. Later in the day I met another Westy (an ’82 diesel) bringing the total to seven. It was a a great trip, I’m glad I brought my bike and kayak. I paddled with he whales and seals and biked some beautiful back roads. I love my westy!