Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Sep 2015 17:29:32 -0400
From:         Harold Teer <teer.vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Van assistance in odd locations

Not exactly where you are, but when my wife and I took our '91 Westy from Virginia through BC, Yukon, and all over Alaska, one morning while checking the van, I thought I had a tiny, tiny, coolant leak and couldn't find it. Just being paranoid before really getting off the beaten path, I stopped in Whitehorse since I heard there was a good place there. One mechanic looked at it and could find nothing and he said "wait till the owner gets here since he really knows Vanagons". We did and he carefully looked over everything and he said "nothing to worry about and have a great trip." No charge! I tried to pay him and he said "stop and get an oil change on your way back" if you need one. I quit worrying and we drove all over Alaska for weeks and weeks and returned home to Virginia with no problems.

If you make it that far for repairs, call ahead of time and make certain the address is correct from http://www.roadhaus.com/shops_search_map.php?state_id=62

*John's Auto Repair* Arctic Drive Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 7A1 Phone: 867-668-4550 Fax: 867-668-4551 http://johnsautoyukon.com/

Owner: Travis

Type Of Shop: Repair Will Work On: VW / Volvo / Subaru

New location on the Alaska Highway. Driving south from Whitehorse take the first left onto Arctic Drive past the Carcross Corner (aka the South Klondike, Highway #2) can't miss it.

Google Maps: To: Arctic Dr @60.599808,-134.874417 \ Harold

Harold Teer 1991 Westy -- VANGAUX Harrisonburg, VA