Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Sep 2015 10:54:24 -0300
From:         Roy Nicholl <RNicholl@NBNET.NB.CA>
Subject:      Re: Faint coolant smell
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

Dennis,

There was no overheat event. The shaft seal on the water pump simply started leaking while the Hyena was sitting in the drive.

I have re-bled the system, but the temperature gauge is still running a needle's width lower than before I replaced the water pump.

As near as I can tell, neither heater core has ever been replaced. The shutoff valve on the rear heater has been replaced. I have also ordered a new core for the rear heater ... start there as it appears to be the easiest one to replace.

I was planning on removing the lower dash to replace the front heater core, but I will now look at accessing it through the glove box.

Thanks,

Roy