Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Sep 2015 01:20:05 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Thermostats...question(s)
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

Bubbling and gurgling in the cooling system is a sign that the system is properly pressurized and parts of the engine are hot enough that the coolant is flash vaporizing. This is a great way to cause parts to warp and other nasty stuff to happen. Begin with testing the pressure cap and making sure the system is fully filled-bled. If this continues you need to look for the cause of either lack of pressure or if the system continues getting air in it you need to find the source. This is often the early signs of head gasket failure or cracked heads.

Dennis