Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Sep 2015 21:14:08 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Intermittent hot start problem - check all connections!

Thanks everyone for all this great information.

Of course, after reading all of it I’m no longer sure where to begin! At first it seemed like most thought it was a failing Hall Sender. then possibly a failing electrical connection. Or maybe the temp 2nd sensor or a leaky fuel injector.

Also, this is very hard to diagnose as it only happens after a fairly long drive and only when the van is re started very quickly. Luckily even a 5 minute wait is enough to get it started normally again.

My diagnostic skills are growing but limited at this point. So, I may have to wait until the problem becomes more evident.

Still despite the cost I’m very tempted to replace the hall sender and keep my fingers crossed that I have the solution.

So still contemplating my next action. I don’t have any known good spares of any of the mentioned parts to try.

thanks again all and I’m keeping all this info handy as I move forward.

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto Westfalia