Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Sep 2015 14:58:45 -0400
From:         Marc Perdue <mcperdue@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Finally In the process of painting our 87 Westy Installing
              new pop top canvas etc
Comments: To: Edward V Barger <edvbarger@mac.com>

Bus Depot's canvas is very well done and goes in relatively easily. I bought all my stainless fasteners from Frank Condelli. When a few parts wound up being missing, Frank shipped out replacements immediately.

Marc Perdue, in central VA

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Edward V Barger <edvbarger@mac.com> wrote: >> On Sep 18, 2015, at 11:26 AM, Stacy Schneider <vwcrewman@gmail.com> wrote: >> >> Why not just buy all of your parts from one vendor ? > > Would like to tried Buss Depot does not have it all like the stainless steel bolts for the top and some other trim only can find them at Go Westy have been to both sites many times looking …. over all Bus Depot has the best prices and from past posts on this form folks seem quite happy with their products > > >> Buy it from the closest Quality vendor nearest to you. Then down the road when and if there is an issue all you have to remember is who you bought all of your parts from. All in all there will be little > > yes there is a difference have been looking >> dollar savings between the 3 major players, and if three is a mis hap , you are shipping from the same state and not across the country. >> This is the time to put in a new front glass > > having the windows tinted also >> and have your exterior door handles painted > > yes am painting the door handles mirrors etc >> and get done nice Stainless Steel screw kits for lights and top. > > as I noted above Bus Depot did not have these > > even getting a cover for it to keep the 87 looking good > > ed >> Stacy >> >> Sent from my iPhone >> >>> On Sep 18, 2015, at 10:38 AM, Edward V Barger <edvbarger@MAC.COM> wrote: >>> >>> HI >>> >>> Have our 87 Westy in for a total re paint job taking out the windows etc a few questions >>> >>> 1.Planning on buying all new window seals, pop trop canvas etc from Bus depot any better place >>> >>> 2. as I removed the old canvas off the pop top realized that I will need some experienced help with installing the new one Looking for some one in the Los Angeles area any suggestions >>> >>> 3. Seems like I need to go to Go Westy for some parts like stainless steel bolts for the top latch, hinges , luggage rack cleats , trim for sliding door handle etc is there a better place ? >>> >>> thanks for any and all >>> >>> ed >>> >>> >>> Edward V Barger >>> edvbarger@mac.com <mailto:edvbarger@mac.com> >>> 310 922 6251 > > Edward V Barger > edvbarger@mac.com <mailto:edvbarger@mac.com> > BARGER LITE > ed@barger-lite.com > BARGER-LITE.COM > 310 401 0633