Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2015, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Sep 2015 19:37:00 -0700
From:         eve Appleton <appleton_eve@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: camper closet removal?
Comments: To: vw_van_fan_Mark <madvws@COX.NET>

So with all said Dave, what were u thinkin of doin?  I was thinkin bout expanding the closet to the edge of the rear side window. I have good visibility on that side so that much sacrifice can be made without compromising the vehicle. And am truly fed up with the back curtain. Who in tarnation came up with that moment... The cookie cutter? Cant get that curtain out without major surgery. Lazy sloppy design. Shame shame. Just washed n lined all the rest of the curtains. Awesome job if i can toot my own horn. Even when cab lights r on u cant c a thing from outside. Total incognito. Hee hee hee.    None the less I'm left with that 1 back curtain... It feels stiffish. Probably never been washed since rolled off factory floor. So i thought I'd remove that section n black out the window entirely. Thats when i decided extending closet would be asset. The cunundrum becomes table storage. I'm considering an extension which leaves a slot for table. It works in my mind but need to start drafting reality. I agree bout vehicle value n modifications. Doesnt mean you cant also raise value with smart choices. I semi live in my van. Design often suffers when designers don't actually live with their designs, and/or due to manfacturing constraints. No doubt the westy is a jewel. Still there's some wiggle room for some smart customization.  Keep me in the loop. Id love to c where u go with this dave. In fact, if there r any serious engineers/contractors out there lookin for a seriously innovative project, i've a new living design im bout ready to take into development that involves the westy. Its a niche market, though a lucrative one. N given the recent return of the van fad... market just got larger.  eve Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android From:"vw_van_fan_Mark" <madvws@COX.NET> Date:Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 4:38 PM Subject:Re: camper closet removal? I think this general idea would help a lot of couples be more comfortable in the lower bed. Personally I am more likely to make the closet smaller rather than do away with it entirely. A filler piece would be needed but the A/C stuff would still be covered and some items could still be stowed there. Mark Dave Mcneely wrote: > Has anyone ever removed the closet and cubby behind it to get more room for a > bigger bed?  I can haul the stuff I need in crates bags, I don't need the closet > or the cubby.  Con't know why I haven't thought of this before. > David McNeely >