Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2015, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Sep 2015 18:05:55 -0400
From:         Larry Alofs <lalofs@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Low windshield washer pressure

About a year ago I was trying to get the washer to work on a '91 GL. There was a good ground at the pump and when tested with a meter, there was also 12V. I pulled the tank and motor out and could not find a problem. Checked wiring and fuses etc. and still could not find the problem. I finally began to try to get at the switch, I pulled the plastic cover off the bottom of the steering column and found that the switch contacts were right there, easily accessed. Very fine sandpaper and contact cleaner solved the problem. Corrosion of those contacts caused a high resistance which would pass enough curent to show 12 V on the meter, but would not run the motor in the pump.

Larry A. everything keeps deteriorating