Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2015, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Sep 2015 19:07:01 -0600
From:         Jon VO <jondvo@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: NVC Re: VW, honour, and culture
Comments: To: "SDF ( aka ;jim lahey' - Scott )" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

If you want to cut down on pollution, ride your bike. The TDI's are no worse, and emit less than MANY gas cars, even with the NoX controls disabled. The issue I have is VW actively deceived multiple people and institutions. The cost of that is high. Jon

On 9/29/2015 5:58 PM, SDF ( aka ;jim lahey' - Scott ) wrote: > why would anyone thing VW is getting the shaft ? > > they CHEATED ..big time, and they got caught . > If anything they deserve some sympathy maybe. > > now if it reduces the number of those polluting things on the road ..I'm > for that ! > I was encouraged to see that Paris, France may outlaw diesel cars in the > city due to really bad pollution, much of it caused by so many diesel > cars. > > I am down to one diesel Vanagon ..good year and rare version. And drove > one for years and years. > and.. > it's nice to see the health downsides of diesel vehicles mentioned > lately. . > > I think driving one is a selfish thing to do also. > Save money on your wallet, contribute to destruction of the climate and > planet. > that's who's getting the shaft...all the planet-dwellers that don't > drive diesel vehicles, by those that do. > > I've been saying this a long time..about the pollution, noise, smell and > health affects. > > And I'd sure make them so they can't idle more than say 4 minutes .. > VW car owners don't seem to leave their diesels running very much .. > but other driver's do ..especially trucks ..most unhealthful and > annoying ! > > and now we find out that VW tdi's emissions are up to 40 times the > allowed amounts when driving down the road. > > and right now at the moment you can't even buy a new one ! Yay. > > I don't see it as just a jab at VW .. > but more at so much diesel use for transportation .. > > and in Europe they are paying a big air-quality price in some places, > for all their diesel cars. > Maybe this VW Mess will help make things better. > So ...glad it happened. Might really help .. > in the bigger picture .. > which is the only picture to look at if we care about quality of life > and any future. > > On 9/28/2015 9:09 AM, george jannini wrote: >> Some of you may feel as if VW is getting the shaft, (leave me >> out) but >> there are a whole lot more owners of 2009-2015 diesels who know that >> they >> certainly have, and they care, and count, as consumers, a lot more >> than you >> do. >> >> Geo/ATL >> '89 Westy ABA >> '67 Kombi, 1600DP >> >> >> >> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@gmail.com> >> wrote: >> >>> It's not a "mistake," that's the issue. This is the largest "corporate >>> fraud with criminal intent" ever committed, according to the Financial >>> Times, which has a good piece comparing this to Enron. It's behind a >>> paywall, but you should be able to get to it by Googling "Seven reasons >>> Volkswagen is worse than Enron" and clicking on the link that comes up. >>> It's worth reading. >>> >>> There is a special relationship between local governments in Germany >>> and >>> VW because they own special stock that gives them control over the >>> company, >>> and VW's relationship with governments is extraordinary. Business >>> Week has >>> a good article on this (free): >>> http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-24/did-privilege-enable-volkswagen-s-diesel-deception- >>> >>> >>> With all the lawsuits and potential buy-backs this could bring down the >>> company. >>> >>> Stuart >>> -----Original Message----- >>> From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf >>> Of Dan N >>> Sent: Monday, September 28, 2015 11:10 AM >>> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >>> Subject: Re: NVC Re: VW, honour, and culture >>> >>> according to what I read so far... all car manufacturers cheat one >>> way or >>> another - it happened in the past and going on now - they will find >>> more... >>> >>> the only thing I don't understand is why VW mistake is a BIG issue >>> now.. >>> >>> looks like they dig in a trash bin and pull out a BIG piece of >>> trash.. but >>> trash is trash big or small... it's still trash... right? >>>