Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2015, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Sep 2015 12:38:09 -0700
From:         Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: NVC Re: VW, honour, and culture
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>

New car dealers don't really "own" their vehicles. They can be returned.

As always... only the lawyers will come out ahead...

Cheers,

Jeff

It could be worse, you could be a US VW dealer and own hundreds of thousands of dollars' worth of unsaleable vehicles. And, have no new diesels to sell.

Yesterday I was at my local VW dealer (they still have some Vanagon parts!) and there was a woman in for servicing her Passat TDI, which she loved, but was angry that she paid a $2000 premium over gas, figuring her mileage and performance were going to go down after the fix that's coming. I don't blame her, and I wonder if she'll want the car at all with lower performance and mileage after the fix that's coming.

The class action suits are forming.

Stuart

I'm pretty sure a VW buy-back program will be coming along real soon...

Cheers,

Jeff