Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2015, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Sep 2015 16:34:12 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: camper closet removal? Weekenders cheaper?
Comments: To: Vincent Dow <ianvincentdow@GMAIL.COM>

What countries are in what continent is a matter of geography, not whether people have an affinity to the other countries in the same continent or not.

---- Vincent Dow <ianvincentdow@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > I got to thinking for awhile that i would be better served by a pop-top > weekender. > > The last five years my westfalia has mostly been a run-about and > construction hauler. I figured if I did more camping, could integrate a > coleman stove, build a little counter from 2x3... > > Like guys did back in the 60s. There were a lot of homemade campers back > then... Freak Bros. stuff. > > But after my last cross country trip (Los Angeles to Montreal) in the > westfalia, I will never part with this rig. We did a lot of stealth camping > - one night in Iowa, a couple of miles from the Mississippi river, we just > turned into a cornfield. Set up the curtains, popped the roof up - turned > the seats, made some tea and played scrabble. We got to really like > sleeping on the lower bunk, heads to the rear. > We also slept in a walmart parking lot in Elyra, OH. Again, really subtle > set-up. Self -contained living space. > > This question of North America: Mexicans do not consider themselves North > Americans. Norte-Americanos are gringos... the culture of the hamburger > etc. Mexicans are Mexicans - it's a stand-alone culture (and an awesome one > at that). Centro-Americanos are something different altogether. They do not > (in my experience) relate themselves to Mexicans - except as *Latinos*. > > > > On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@q.com> wrote: > > > No, they're in Chicago. :-(. ;-) > > > > Karl Wolz > > Sent from my electronic umbilicus > > > > > On Sep 30, 2015, at 9:20 AM, Marc Perdue <mcperdue@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > > > > > > Hey, Mexico and Canada aren't part of North America, are they? ;) > > > > > > Marc > >

-- David McNeely