Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Oct 2015 18:26:35 -1000
From:         "SDF ( aka ;jim lahey' - Scott )" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil Buzzer advice
Comments: To: vw_van_fan_Mark <madvws@COX.NET>

higher intake air temp would made sense, as the right-side mounted 10cent oil cooler and nice ducting, takes the place of, and blocks off, the normal air intake to the air box and AFM, where air intake temp is sensed.

but who ever checks IAT's on a waterboxer ? Scott

On 10/1/2015 5:23 PM, vw_van_fan_Mark wrote: > That VDO gauge setup has both a pressure switch and a pressure sensor > built into it. The switch part doesn't match what the wbx switch specs > were. So people who wire the VDO switch to their oil light can get the > warning led coming on when it wouldn't be if the light was connected to > the proper spec pressure switch. The gauge isn't involved in this > mismatch issue. > > I know of several people who were driven crazy by this. VanCafe has > modified their kit to include a separate pressure switch that you hook > up to your oil led and the switch part of the VDO gets connected to > nothing. > > I'm not a fan of adding to stock wbx systems and the various problems > introduced are part of the reason. > > For example I have seen a few vans with the 10c oil cooler that have > higher intake air temps as seen by the ECU after the cooler was > installed. > > Mark > > > Dave Mcneely wrote: >> Agreed. >> >> What does Van Cafe mean by saying that the VDO sender is "3 psi >> higher"? Does that mean that the VDO sender claims 3 psi higher >> pressure than the real oil pressure? Or does it mean that the VDO >> sender causes the gauge and the signal to respond at 3 psi lower than >> it should? Exactly WHAT does it mean? >> >> FWIW, I have a VDO setup, senders and gauge. If my gauge is reading 3 >> psi higher than the real pressure, that is a problem. If the warning >> sounds at 3 psi too high, that is a problem, but less so. mcneely >> >> >