Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Oct 2015 17:49:32 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      slightly prior to friday with apology to mod - Re: NVC Re: VW
              gave diesel drivers what they wanted!
Comments: To: "SDF ( aka ,jim lahey' - Scott )" <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

dear vanagoniterites

i followed that portland paper waster and left them an environmentally friendly message on biodegradable paper, written in ink certified to be iron and carbon free & sourced from organic plants which was pasted to their door with certified organic biodegradable glue.

The note said - in 7.5pt calligraphy font

Dear Angry Person

I agree with you - we are killing our precious planet with all we do - we must with haste return to the days of beeswax candles and pottery crockery we must clean ourselves with lye soap made in organic shops - hemp and wool shirts for all with only the food you can grow in your allotment deemed as that which you can eat.

please join me in the commons tomorrow at the hour of the rise of the moon where we shall collectively place our 32 gb iphone 6sc into the great crusher - place our rubber tired, carbon fibre bicycles into the crusher and we shall together damn the coal industry used to create such in-human things as carbon fibre and aluminum and the mother of all horrible inventions steel and and dare we even mention the poison of refined gold - Together we shall place our vehicles in the crusher where they will demolished and returned to the earth -

we shall return to caves and grass houses to save the forests and as for myself -- my kin folk are building a cedar canoe - once we have found a suitable log dead and down in the forest - which we will fashion by hand scratching out the centre with a sharp rock we have found - in said canoe we shall venture onto the waves - without the safe benefit of a militaristic armed and aggressive coast guard, radios or radar - and there upon the waves we shall commence to hunt whales which we shall render for their oil so we may light and heat our coastal cave dwelling -

my sister who likes the warmth is headed to the southern climates where she shall after walking to her destination - claim a place in the palm oil society -

my brother who is also less sea going shall head to the prairie where he believes the capture of peat and dung for purposes of heating and cooking shall be so much easier than whaling - good luck to him i say

Righteous Anger such as you have shown me today shall not be a part of our society as we are going to have no corporations or greed and everyone shall profit from the efforts of everyone else - i know someone else will do my part while i am whaling - --- -- --- your co warrior and shepherd of ...WHAT's RIGHT.

So anyway just as i was walking back to my Gru vehicle { http://despicableme.wikia.com/wiki/Grumobile } to go to StarCities Best for a 12 $ coffee i got a Twitterbook up date from the Angry Person who claimed indignation and further anger at my support for their cause -

ya just can't win -

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 3:10 PM, SDF ( aka ;jim lahey' - Scott ) < scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote:

> You could work for VW since you are so skilled at Justifying illegality ! > "We're just giving them what they want ! ' ..and hey ...if we have > to trick the regulators a little to do that ...that's ok. > > That would be an interesting poll : > what portion of VW diesel owners bought their car largely because they > are suppossidly 'clean' and not environmentally so harmful ? > > or ...of the 3 biggies .....fuel economy, power/driveability and > environmental correctness.. > what wight would they give to each category ? > > I suspect that joe average consumer is concerned first with their own > personal benefit, and less so about the larger environmental picture. > < lol...and that is what is taught subtly and pervasively throughout > Consumerism ..it's all about what you can get for yourself. > > > In Portland OR, just on the tv news the other night .. > a diesel car owner found a note on his windshield in the morning > ...blasting him for driving a polluting car. > This is 'So Portland' was the guy's reaction. > Scott > > On 10/1/2015 9:29 AM, James wrote: > >> The opposite argument to this is that they did it for the faithful VW >> loving diesel owner. >> Let me explain this alternate argument. >> >> If you have a VW diesel, you probably value its fuel economy and power >> most - not many people outside of the LA and Frankfurt 'smog basins' or the >> EPA care that much about NOx. By running with this 'trick' software, VW >> gave owners the best of both worlds - a car that will pass emissions tests >> as required by governments, AND a car that gets fabulous fuel economy and >> great power in real-world driving. >> >> I know very few VW diesel owners who boast about their car's low >> pollution numbers. I know a lot of VW diesel owners who boast about their >> car's power and exceptional fuel economy - about how they get even better >> fuel mileage than the EPA/Transport Canada estimates. >> >> In that sense, VW was just giving its faithful diesel owners EXACTLY what >> they wanted. >> >> Pity that what VW diesel drivers wanted was technically impossible, and >> the VW solution to give it to them was thus illegal. >> >> >> James >> Ottawa, ON >> >> Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 13:31:43 -1000 >>> From: scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM >>> Subject: Re: NVC Re: VW, honour, and culture >>> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >>> >>> it's a big deal because.... >>> >>> 3. IT WAS INTENTIONAL DECEPTION. >>> they tricked everyone ..apparently intentionally ...the faithful >>> VW-loving owner... >>> >>> >>

-- roger whittaker 604.414.6266

---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.tvthatworks.com http://www.tvpowellriver.com LinkedIn -

- ca.linkedin.com/pub/roger-whittaker/14/78a/b71/Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u http://vimeo.com/42309497

http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt