Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Oct 2015 21:23:34 -0700
From:         Christophe Guilbert <cguilbert@PICASSO.UCSF.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Auxiliary battery information (Type and physical access to)
Comments: To: lindamerrillberkeley@YAHOO.COM

Linda , as far as I recall , you have an air-cool like mine . to access the battery compartment behind the driver seat , you need to remove it completely . The seat is removed forward. Move the seat as much forward as you can until you can't, than you need to get a screw driver and unlock a little switch which will allow to move the seat even further and completely disengage it from the rail. the little switch is located on the left side edge of the seat. you find it by looking at it.

On 10/08/2015 08:43 PM, Linda Merrill wrote: > 10/08/2015 > > Hello, all, > > Also, How do YOU get that driver's side > battery out? > > Neither I (coached by Internet diagrams and > directions), nor a few guys who fiddled with > it, can get my driver's seat to move enough > to get adequate access to replace the old, > In-place battery. > > And, we Really wanted to replace it. > Unable to get it out, we disconnected it, and > re-did the routing for the stock battery > isolator. > > > Thank you, > > Linda and Bertha Mae in Berkeley > > > > IN CASE this is relevant, > > It is good to remember that Bertha Mae > is a 1981 VanagonL who has barely been > driven since 2006 -- and may have lived near > Santa Cruz before that. > > She is an ASI 1982 Camper Conversion, and > She has a small plate that says she was > MFD by Automotive Services Inc (ASI), of > 9829 Bigge Ave., Oakland, Calif, 94603 in > July of 1981!) > > She is this brown and butter version: > > http://rivieraregistry.com/lit/82/82-2.jpg > (Hope this link works for you . . . ) > > Here is one of Bertha Mae's 1981/1982 > identical brown-and-butter 1981(1982 convrs) > siblings, wearing an optional side-tent: > > https://www.pinterest.com/pin/384143043186973943/ > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Andre Fiedler <fiedlerac@GMAIL.COM> > Sender: Vanagon Mailing List <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> > Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 21:26:51 > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Reply-To: Andre Fiedler <fiedlerac@GMAIL.COM> > Subject: Auxiliary battery information > > The auxilliary battery in my Westy is no longer holding a charge and I was > curious what suggestions listmembers might have for a replacement. The > current one is a 33Amp AGM wheelchair battery. I'd like to go a bit > larger but still have something that fits in the compartment under the > driver's seat. Any suggestions regarding reliable brands and models would > be appreciated. > Thank you. > Andre Fiedler > >