Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Oct 2015 22:53:46 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: '84 Vanagon,
              -- intermittent "Clunk" coming from under middle of van
Comments: To: john <john@JHL.MGACOXMAIL.COM>

I am at a loss as to why the engine would need to be lowered to repair the alternator bracket. If the rear only was lowered without loosening the front mount so it can swivel it is most likely destroyed. Also the accelerator or shifter cables can be damaged if they are not disconnected while tipping the engine down. Insect visually while prying the tranny up-down or jacking it. If it is torn it should be obvious.

Dennis