Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2015, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Oct 2015 08:45:50 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: I-4 conversion general info
Comments: To: Jim Arnott <jrasite@eoni.com>

Yes, don't forget the pilot bearing....I did, when I swapped over to the ABA block....and it oiled up my clutch due to the output shaft bearing being abused by the shaft with no pilot bearing...

In my hybrid motor, I did have to swap my distributor drive gear, in order to keep the digifant engine management system....Techtonic's Tuning has the few needed specialty parts to put a cross flow head onto an ABA block...I did have to do some finessing to remove all the power steering, AC, etc from the ABA motor...Pulleys and belts and a bracket fix for the alternator...and the hoses were a challenge.... There are many many diesel vans now running gas motors.....it IS one of the original mods done to vanagons over the years...swapping out the expensive and slow diesel inline for a gas motor... Highly recommend...as Jim says...make ME smile, too