Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2015, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Oct 2015 21:34:53 +0000
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Door weather stripping question
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ecaron1@comcast.net>

The later model strips glue to the front edge of the door jamb if I recall correctly, starting as down low as you can, with the beaded part sticking out above the surface of the car exterior. Its purpose was/is to spoil the area over the leading edge crack in front of the door to keep air pressure off the interior seals. So, I think it goes to the body, not the door. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, I am just remembering the way it was on my Carat.

Jim