Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Nov 2015 22:49:57 -0900
From:         Mark Tuovinen <aksyncronaut@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: AA Transaxle? German Transaxle? also Limited slip options?
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@gmail.com>

Don,

As others have already mentioned Matt was the primary builder for quite a while before Daryl passed. I last spoke with Daryl in person in late May of 2012 while retrieving our van from storage at their shop where we left it after our winter trip through the southwest. During our chat I asked about the future of the shop as I knew Daryl had been fighting what was expected to be a losing battle and was concerned for his family that would eventually be without him. Daryl assured me his family and shop would be fine and continue in Matt's capable hands. Allow me to Quote Daryl himself on Matt's abilities, "He is probably a better builder than I am because I never taught him the shortcuts". High praise coming from one of Daryl's abilities and there is no doubt in my mind that he meant what he said.

We rolled out of there with a freshly built transmission that Matt not only built but then rebuilt as both he and Daryl were not satisfied with its initial performance and took the long, 3,000 - 3,500 mile, way home to Anchorage stopping in Walla Walla, Spokane, Calgary, Red Deer, Banff, and Jasper along the way. The transmission continues to work as one should today and I expect it will for years to come and should I ever need another for any reason Matt will be my first call.

Mark in AK