Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Nov 2015 20:03:48 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: AA Transaxle? German Transaxle? also Limited slip options?
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

Ice especially if wet and inclines always make for some fun. Not only going but stopping and steering. Locking and limited slip diffs only help if you can get one of those tires on a different surface. If both tires can't get traction not much help and spinning both may actually make you go sideways even more.

On ice as compared to snow you as much tire as possible for contact to make some friction grip. A 185 width tire especially with a large void ration for clearing snow won’t help without studs or chains. My recommendation was a tire upgrade of a different size and design.

Dennis