Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Nov 2015 13:26:22 -0800
From:         Pat Spragge/RFAN <Pat.Spragge@RFAN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cable TV in the Vanagon?
Comments: To: "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>

Thx Ken and everyone with the suggestions. I'll take a look at the yutube video and see what that is all about.

Pat

Pat, I would recommend the Tailgater and also Dish Network. Dish Network has a program where you can use the Dish at your home and then when you are on the road you can take it with you. That is a great option. Or they have another option where you would just pay by the month for the month you are traveling and not have to pay for the entire year. Either way it is great for traveling folks on vacation.

The Tailgater sat dish is super simple to use, just sit it on the ground with a clear view of the southern sky and in about 10 minutes it will aim itself and be up and running. You have to be sure to buy the proper receiver for the Tailgater which is either the VIP211k or z version.

For the cable hook up I would probably just spool up the 50ft of cable that comes with the tailgater behind the driver's side tail light and then when you get where you are going, you can thread it out through the license plate door. No need to drill holes in the side of the van, just drill a small hole from under the rear cabinet (on a Westy) down into the opening behind the tail light. Large empty space that you can use there.

Here are some links to these items I am talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrA_uTbXkt8 http://www.amazon.com/Dish-VQ4510-Tailgater-bundle-Receiver/dp/B008BQI7WI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1447791891&sr=1-1&keywords=tailgater+satellite+dish

I just set this system up for a customer in his 38ft RV that he is taking to California this week. Worked great and really the best buy would be to have the Dish Network at your home and pay for the yearly subscription. That is the least amount you are going to pay a month.

Hope this helps you out.

Ken

-- Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com