Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Nov 2015 11:07:24 -0500
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Wanted, your unwanted Bus Depot awning

Hi folks,

The recent thread about awnings is great both for information and to keep me dreaming of the next season.

I’m actually a fan of several awnings but currently only use my large bus depot awning. These awnings are all great for making the camping experience much more comfortable.

So, if you no longer want your old 8 foot Bus Depot awning or are not going to use your 10 foot any longer I’d be interested in getting a used spare at a good price.

I’ve had good luck with my BT awning. Last year at Bus Fusion I didn’t stake things down well and yet my awning came through a nasty wind with only slightly bent end pieces. I noticed other brands were destroyed. tom Bueses’s Shady Boy also made it through easily though with his described modifications. Actually his made it through a bit better then mine as I had to straighten two pieces.

I have often thought I’d like to put up a second awning on my passenger side for shade and storage out of the rain. I usually camp in the same place for several nights so the set up is not a problem.

Be aware, new Bus Depot awning owners, the first set up seems impossible. the second time is a snap. this set up needs a good youtube video to show those doing the first set up.

I'm very tempted by the attached awnings. I’ve decided for now the extra weight, noise, drilling into the van, and cost will keep me weighting a bit longer.

Still anyone have a unused or unloved bus Depot awning to pass along?

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto Dreaming of spring in Southern VT