Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Dec 2015 17:39:12 -0800
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.1L WBX high pressure oil switch - removal
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>

Very creative, I know there isn't enough room for a Vice-Grip there. Now you can rent it out!

I'm convinced Vanagon maintenance (and old car maintenance in general) is a great brain exercise at any age.

Stuart

Problem solved. I talked with the folks at Van Cafe today, and they told me the efficent high oil pressure switch removal and replacement job required a shop built special tool. The moment that was mentioned, I had the answer to my problem. In the avation world there were many shop built special tools for efficient conduct of the job, and I knew exactly what they were talking about. I did the following:

Standard length 24 mm socket 19 mm (wrench Size) nut

Welded the nut on the back of the socket with the hole of the nut over the rachet hole in the socket.

Perfect fit. With the 19 mm open end wrench it was no problem to turn and remove.

I now have one more shop built special Vanagon tool in my toolbox.

Try it!