Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Dec 2015 21:24:35 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil pressure light and buzzer.
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>

There is no need for Teflon sealing tape on either of the threads. The crush washer should do the trick. Sealing tape should never be used where pieces could get stuck in small orifices and mess things up. It can do wonders in the hydraulic lifters. If you must a liquid or paste sealant can be used but it should not be needed. The threads on the switch and that adapter are not tapered and again, the sealing washer-gasket will do the job.

Dennis