Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Jan 2016 00:06:32 -0500
From:         Ed McLean <email99@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Steering Knuckle Axle Stub Wear PICS

To keep the threads from being damaged on the end of the spindle by the peen nut, replace it with the spindle clamp nut from a '70 to '84 Porsche 911 (Porsche P/N 911 341 673 00). This will allow bearing pre- load to be easily adjusted accurately. Search the list for Porsche and my email address for the notes I have submitted .

I have been using these for 3.5 years with SmallCar's big brake kit. I would imagine they would also fit the standard Vanagon front wheel bearings but I haven't tried them because I only have one Vanagon..

Here's a picture: http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-91134167300- srch.html

Ed