Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2016, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Jan 2016 19:54:02 -0800
From:         Alistair Bel <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Headlight upgrades
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

It's not a complete lamp. The vid shows mods to be made to the lamp bulb holder.

I too am sceptical of a drop in led bulb. But you never know the led unit may have the right light output at the right spot for the the reflector. Or it may be able to be adjusted for focal point as I have seem in others.

The hi lo led units I have seen seem to switch on and off some of the led devices that may coincide with the H4 optics or may just reduce light output. It's not always clear which.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a drop in led bulb that put out the light as the halogen bulb does.

Alistair