Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Jan 2016 22:09:20 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hydrogen fuel cars

One of my first jobs doing industrial maintenance (vacuum tube manufacturing) used hydrogen for some of the glass and metal working operations. We made much of it by cracking ammonia using catalysts in electric furnaces. I believe most industrial hydrogen is made from natural gas. There is still the energy required to create the hydrogen, store, transport, and dispense. I know some folks that have a Tesla. They brag of the free charging stations and the combination of range, fast charging, and availability of stations make it reasonable to use these cars for extended trips. They are also cool looking and a blast to drive.

Dennis