Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2016, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Feb 2016 09:57:55 -0800
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Poptop lift assists
Comments: To: ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET

VC and BD both sell Jack Bombay’s product. He has a good description of which strength to choose: www.poptopshocks.blogspot.com. Every Vanagon should have these! Regarding the wear you mention, if you can see the inner cams sticking out when the top is raised (they welded to the ends of the upper arms) then that cam is cutting though the cross bar and need it needs to be repaired before it completely fails. Easiest way is to remove the bar and weld the cuts in it, then grind to fit back in.

Pmail me if you want more info.

Stuart