Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2016, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Mar 2016 03:25:20 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Manual tranny shift
Comments: To: Scott Daniel <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

Well, new as possible at the time. Actually, come to think about it, the heads were orignal but completely reworked. Have never given trouble so far. The current engine rebuild for my Carat got new AMC heads with TRW valves with a 3 face racing grind. Actually, thats what you do as standard on an aircraft engine.

And, you are right, the rods were checked and rebuilt rods. But essentially, every thing that could be new, was. And what couldnt be new, was rebuilt to new specifications. So Ihave been happy with it.

The Carat engine is the same. In this case new heads and valves were avalible. As well as pistons, rings, and cylinders. Rods rebuilt to new specs. Crankshaft and case were miked and were good for another cycle. Got a new cam. Don' know where it came from. New oil pump, new lifters, and of course new bearings. New coolant pump. It should run a long time, as well.