Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2016, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Mar 2016 11:31:57 -0500
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Shuddering Brakes
Comments: To: Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@sbcglobal.net>

Richard, since it wasn't there before he did the bearing work then I would suspect something he did. It could be as simple as something that he thought was tight that isn't. Jack up the front of the van and check the wheels for play. If you grab them and rock side to side that is checking the tie rod end. If there is no play there then try up and down that is for wheel bearings and or ball joints. Also be sure the lug bolts are tight. If all of these things are fine, remove the wheel and check to see if the two bolts holding the brake caliper in place are tight all the way. The 85 and earlier had two different caliper bolts, one that is threaded all the way and the other that has about and inch of no threads. I believe the lower one is fully threaded and the upper one has the space with no threads. Maybe he put it back together wrong or the calipers bolts are just loose.

Let us know you what you find. Ken

-- Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com