Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2016, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Mar 2016 09:26:43 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel injector cleaner: harm O2 sensor?
Comments: To: Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

I don’t see that as causing an O2 sensor fault. If the O2 sensor is mounted as it was in the 2.1L Vanagons it is susceptible to being fouled from road spray. In addition they sometimes have difficulty staying hot enough to work properly. From VW there was a clip on shield that tried to help with both of those issues.

Dennis

I added STP or similar injector cleaner to fuel tank. 1/2 bottle per 1/2 tank then remainder in a full tank. The stuff smelled mostly like diesel fuel if I recall. No run issue prior, figured it was good maintenance to run injector cleaner through. Check engine light coming on recently while driving was something that used to happen but that was due to a missing "sensor ground" ECU 33 if I recall. (yes)

http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/management/motronicvr6aba.html

I connected that missing ground over a year ago, which solved that issue, so was surprised to see the MIL come on while driving. Wondered if any WBX users had run into an O2 fouling situation after using injector cleaner in fuel tank

When light came on this time, it threw a 2324 DTC for O2 system:

http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/codes/motronic.html

Neil.

Neil.