Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Mar 2016 17:21:41 -0500
From:         David Bjorkman <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      It's worth it

03/13/16, ddbjorkman@verizon.net wrote:

And that's just one of the great reasons to be a listee. There are some folks on this list who really (really!!) know what they are doing mechanically and like to share. There are some really smart ones that are just fun to listen to. Others go out of their way to help those in need. Recently, just look at JT and our forest service friend Mary who Miguel and PIFF helped. Check out roadhaus. I have found more than a few friendly driveways (and comfy beds) on this list while doing cross country trips, some of which resulted in a few exciting side adventures. And it's hard to believe where folks like Dean have sent me (thanks, I think :o)). Folks are inviting us to go to Baja to see something amazing that people come from all around the world to see. You can drive your bus there and know someone will help out if something goes awry. One can meet some cool vendors. You could come back from an event with your ride running better than when you left! Of course one does have to put up with an overloaded e-mail box (we're getting a little better about that), and we all know the adage about opinions, but overall, this is a great community. More than a list.

Now excuse me while I step off my soapbox:

Dave B.