Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:17:28 +0000
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: removing air conditioner without spilling the freon
Comments: To: jbclem <jbclem1@CHARTER.NET>

Removing the entire A/C system would be a major undertaking and might adversely affect the resale value of your van (if this matters to you), and haphazardly removing components would leave a butchered system that might make buyers what else on the van had been treated that way.  Even an inop system, if complete, would be less likely to turn off many prospective buyers.  I would not have bought my van without A/C, even though it was not working at the time. You can simply remove the belt to the compressor in order to reduce drag.  Freon recovery is best left to the professionals. Good luck! Stephen