Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2016, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Mar 2016 08:37:19 -0700
From:         Stacy Schneider <vwcrewman@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Ever added up your receipts?
Comments: To: Ralph Meyermann <ralphmeyermann@gmail.com>

After I add up what my two kids have cost me with complicated deliveries and private school K-12 and universities ,it would really make my Vanagon obsession seem cheap. Especially in the end with the van I still have something I have some kind of control over and can sit it in the corner when it's bad and only come back to it when I want. I have a vague idea how much I have into ,but I don't like to think about it.

Stacy

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 3:41 AM, Ralph Meyermann <ralphmeyermann@gmail.com> wrote:

> The $200.00 save from being scrap iron to well over $15k. Full powerflex, > new ball joints and rod ends, 1.5" lift, set of 5 GW 15" alloys with bfgs, > canvas, top seal, new rear foam and fabric, new bumpers, H4 vision kit, > regeared/built trans, AAZ TD with hybrid turbo, tank, seals and sending > unit, small car rear disc, and about $3k in body work, Giles pump and > injectors, with other things that I can't remember > On Mar 14, 2016 11:47 AM, "Stephen Grisanti" <bike2vcu@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > Is this to be considered GoStewy pricing? > > I just had to ask, even with your name misspelled. It would not have > > worked otherwise. > > Stephen > > > > On Monday, March 14, 2016 12:34 PM, Stuart MacMillan < > > stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > > > > > > I have for my son's '87 Westy. Purchased 10/14 for $13,000 including > > title > > transfer, and since then he's purchased and we've installed 140 items, > > bringing the total to $25,000. That's all for parts except for $344 in > > labor > > (some major exhaust welding). Equal opportunity purchases from all of our > > vendors plus Rock Auto, Europe, and a local parts store. We have done A > > LOT > > to this van! > > > > > > > > The PO installed a new GT transmission and had the fuel tank resealed, > but > > we did everything else from wheels and tires to pop top restoration with > > computer matched automotive paint, canvas, SS fasteners, and seals. Now > the > > heads leak (150k miles) and a Subaru engine donor is parked in my > driveway. > > The fun never stops. > > > > > > > > If he were to sell it he'd list it for $35k as is, and after the > conversion > > probably $50k. Now I understand the Vanagon Westy prices I see! > > > > > > > > Next I'll add up the receipts for my '85 Westy. Or maybe not. > > > > > > > > Stuart > > >

-- 1989 Swedish Tristar with Aluminum gates and Atiwe 16" Wheels. Oldest son is an Eagle scout.