Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2016, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Mar 2016 22:04:37 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon syndrome...it sucks!
Comments: To: Jason Ellis <jason.ellis@ME.COM>

Your symptoms are typical of an O2 sensor or system failure. The slight improvement in running is also part of that indication. As the sensor goes off line the mixture will go rich as the ECU is looking for that sensor input. Without the sensor feedback the ECU continues to richen the mixture until you get the choke and puke effect.

Go check the archives for lots of O2 sensor information. You need to test both the circuit and the operation of the sensor itself. The sensor is also heated so you need to make sure that the heater is good and that the power supply to it is also good. When the sensors are weak or the catalyst is shot the sensors can get to cold due to highway wind and stop working. From the factory there was a deflector clipped on to help with this.

Dennis