Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2016, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Apr 2016 09:35:25 -0700
From:         Rick Cooper <rickdcooper@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Shifting problems -- pilot bearing?
Comments: To: Jon VonOhlsen <jondvo@gmail.com>

Thanks Jon, the picture helped.

Mark, you totally nailed it. I had put that plate on the rearward side of the two ears sticking out from the transmission. Took me 15 minutes to swap it around and now my shifter goes nicely into all gears. Thanks so much -- I can't think how I would have ever figured out that mistake.

That's the value of this list, people sharing with others the benefit of their experience. And this list is based on the work of computer programmers freely sharing their skills and experience, including those who originally built the internet. I spent much of my career in IT; we need to keep these fundamental assets (knowledge and its means of access) as free and publicly available as possible. Okay, off my soapbox.

Thanks again, Rick