Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Apr 2016 17:48:08 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Spare tire
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>

Okay then, Ice Road is the Dalton, so here is another good article for you: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/08/travel/alaska-dalton-highway.html

Stuart

I have driven the Alaska Hiway to ANCHORAGE several time. One time, never so much as a low tire, much less a flat. On another trek on the Hiway I blew out 5 tires and had to have an uncle living in Anchorage bring me a couple up on the Glen Hiway. I might still be there had I not gotten help.

My ambition this year is to drive the ALCAN again, then go over what was known as the Ice Road up to the Slope, and also make it to Inuvik in the Northwest Territories. Don't know how far I'll get with these plans but there it is - this coming summers ambition. I may add the western approach - Vancouver - thru the Rockies- to the get to Dawson City, the beginning of the ALCAN. Never have driven that, but understand it is beautiful and rugged. Definitely a dual spare route from what I understand.