Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Apr 2016 17:33:36 -0700
From:         Brent Weide <brent.weide@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: The hits keep coming

Mike: I'm running a 99 ej25 in my 91 multivan and had difficulty with my auto trans a couple years ago. Wouldn't shift into 3rd so the family and i got to enjoy the back roads from Hamilton, Montana to Portland, Oregon at a sightseeing speed of 40 mph! Removed the trans myself and took it into a local rebuilder. Got it back and installed. One month later the failure started recurring so i drove the van over and told him the rest was on him. The second time he did a great job but forgot to tighten the grounding strap very near the tranny/frame mount. The result was a weak or no start condition that i chased for a good week. Whatever you do, doublecheck the things that you can get to once someone works on your van!!! Best of luck to you, Brent

-- Brent Weide Portland, Oregon www.weidefamily.net/vanagon/