Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2016, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Apr 2016 09:04:20 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Manual tranny clutch adjustment,
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

John's van has been plagued with a number of issues and his transmission was recently repaired with the R+R done at a shop. The way I see it should have come back right and if not the details should have been presented to make it right. I have seen trans overhauls that did not include clutch replacement or replacement of the operating shaft or bushings. His problem could be mechanical or maybe even just the hydraulics. It is possible for the pedal cylinder to fail in way that it just doesn’t move the clutch cylinder as it should either. Whatever after the trans repair it should have been right unless the customer did not want to pay to finish what was needed.

Dennis