Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2016, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 May 2016 11:23:54 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Coolant Pump Gently Weeping
Comments: To: thewestyman <zolo@foxinternet.net>

First time for a new pump om my van Ipaid to have it done. Total cost, partd and all, in my area was $395. That was several years ago. I did it myself this last year. Took a while, lots of fits and starts plus foghting with after effects of a stroke. For me that turned out to be good therapy.

A suggestion: raplace all the hardware for this particular job with stainless stee, and put antisize on every nut bolt, and screw.

For the allen screws, you will need - as I remember - a 7mm allen wrench. The allen wrench will be "L" shaped. On the short side of the "L" grind it even shorter. This is necessary to clear surrounding obstructions. When done, put that one away with your special tools - which ultimately wll have to be made to adequately maintain your Vanagon. I have accumulated quite a few over the years.

Good luck,