Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2016, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 May 2016 16:27:47 -0700
From:         Grant Johnson <smiley.grant@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: User Input: Oval's Motorsport Rebuilt Engines
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@gmail.com>

I researched them recently in trying to figure out what to do with my syncro Westy. I ended up having NW ConRod build me a 2.2. $3500 for the long block, plus balancing, install, and all the stuff that was no good, etc... I just finished the break -in period so can't comment on longevity. I'd install it myself if I was to do it over again though... Even with the slightly more powerful motor, this thing is a dog. A local vanagon specialty shop here wouldn't put a GW motor in without completely overhauling my entire cooling system with nothing but stainless and silicone for a grand total of approximately 16k though! No way.......