Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 May 2016 11:05:45 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: striking caution by dennis
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

Depending on where the jack stands were placed the weight behind them is already trying to lift the front off the ground. It is normal for a threaded fastener assembly to require much more torque to loosen then applied for tightening, that is part of how they work. Tension and friction. Rust and corrosion can make things worse. Normally, the brakes can be serviced without removing the hub. It only needs to be removed if servicing the wheel bearings or replacing the backing plate.

Dennis