Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 May 2016 21:38:37 -0700
From:         Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Remove rear axle nut no e brake?
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Thanks for the warning Dennis.

I won't do that again and I'm sure the list appreciates the warning. We're I able to edit my post, I would I was wearing glasses but that's moot really.

I'm glad those backing plates are off Both have rust holes.

Pics at 11 as they say.

Neil with vanagonitis waning as he hears his 2.1 wbx oil buzzer is back.

On Saturday, May 7, 2016, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I did. Sometimes we do compromise. With almost 40 years of industrial > experience I have seen my share of accidents from stupid things. Striking > wrenches are fairly common tools available in many sizes and they do have > their place. They are soft so as they get hammered they do distort and > wear. Striking a hammer with a hammer is not idea. Hardened steel to > hardened steel can make for unexpected bounce backs and possible > shattering. Many folks just do certain repairs once. Neil is obviously > getting Vanagonitis so tasks like this will be repeated. Especially if he > begins to help others. Having good tools and using proper methods get to > jobs done is extremely rewarding. Getting hurt just plain sucks. Having to > have your eyes worked on is even worse. Having metal pieces or rust and > dirt plucked from you cornea is not fun. > > >

-- Neil n

Blog: Vanagons, Westfalia, general <http://tubaneil.blogspot.ca>

1988 Westy Images <https://picasaweb.google.com/musomuso/New1988Westy>

1981 Westfalia "Jaco" Images, technical <http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/>