Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 May 2016 22:34:59 -0700
From:         PB <pbrattan@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: How long does your Vanagon's battery stay charged when
              sitting?

In 2007 when I got my first (and only) Westy, my battery went dead every 10 days because nobody told me about *the stereo kill switch*. After buying a new battery which should not have been necessary, I was informed about the toggle switch hidden to the left of the automatic shift. Its purpose is to allow the stereo to be on while the van is parked without the ignition key inserted. After learning that, every time I park the van I routinely toggle the switch to the off position. (I believe it can be left on for a few days, but knowing myself, I'll forget and end up with a discharged battery!)

As for how long a van can sit without the battery discharging, I have had my van sitting for up to 3 months without driving it, (not a very good idea) and each time it has always started up right away. I recently had to buy a new battery. The one that "died" was 9 years old! Patti 90 Westy automatic Los Angeles

--

*♪♫**♥**♫♪♪♫**♥**♫♪♪♫**♥**♫♪♪♫**♥**♫♪* If it's not on my Smart Phone, it doesn't exist... ●▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬♥▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬●