Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2016, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 May 2016 19:54:19 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Tranny woes - continued

My auto tranny is essentially dead. The transmission shop called today and said come have a look. When I arrived, there was my tranny all disassembled on a work bench. The tech there explained what parts did what and showed me burned, pitted, and otherwise damaged bits, pieces and parts. Said it was a wonder I even able to get the van to them. He assu red me that evetything would be right befored going back in and it would work for man miles after reinstallation. Don't know why all the damage but there it is. He will have the job complete by middle of the week, looking forward to it. Turns out that not only do they do their own work, they service other shops and garages as far away as Mississippi. Turn out 15 trannies a week average. Do nothing but trannys. It's a little late now, but had I known of them at the time, they would have gladly rebuilt my '88 manual tranny when it went bad. Would have saved me a lot of grief!

John