Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2016, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 May 2016 21:02:46 -0400
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott3@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 090 (automatic) transmission questions
Comments: To: "C. Abney" <tsudonimh@gmail.com>

I'm pretty sure you can't do that but I don't remember why. I did the remove and replace in my gravel driveway a few years ago and it wasn't too bad. The whole shebang weighs about 150lbs if I remember correctly, with 90lbs being the final drive section. Floor jack, take your time, and using various blocks to ease it down will prevent you from actually having much weight bearing on your muscles. Edward